When we come round to carry out your survey we will gather all the information to generate an accurate quote that we will stand by 100% for a whole 12 months from the date your quote is completed.
Information we will collect on survey
When carrying out your survey we will collect the following information.
- We will record a list of all furniture items in each room of your house.
- We will estimate the approximate quantity of boxes per room.
- We will ask to look in your loft if you have items stored away such as Christmas decorations.
- We will look in all cupboards to asses contents and to advise on packing materials.
- We will also check your garden and sheds and ensure all items are on the inventory.
- Finally we will check the contents of your garage.
When we carry out your survey we will also asses access to your property this will include parking for removal vehicles and any restrictions that may affect your move.
Your new Home
We will also ask you a few questions about your new property things we need you to tell us.
- The type of property your moving to.
- Access to your property for example you may be moving to a secluded location, or an apartment that is located in a busy complex with restricted access times. All of these are not problems!We if we are aware of restrictions in advance we can plan your move and make it a smooth as possible.
- If your moving to a penthouse apartment on the 10th floor this needs to be noted down so we can dedicate sufficient time to your move.
- Access to gardens may not always be straight forward especially if you moving to a terraced property where access is via narrow walkways.
- Garages although the majority access is easy however more and more newly built properties have garages tucked away, where access for removal vehicles is not possible mainly due to height restrictions.
When we carry out your survey we will discuss with you whether you will be requiring us to dismantle furniture items, disconnect washing machines, etc and also whether you require a full/part packing service and whether or not you will require us to provide packing materials for your move. By gathering all this information at survey this ensures we not only quote accurately but also so we can allow and make arrangements to arrive early to dismantle or even come in a day or two before to ensure everything is prepared and ready for moving day.
Quotes via Email
We are on occasion asked to quote without carrying out a survey!
This is possible but all quotes are based on information supplied by the customer, it is paramount that your inventory is as accurate as possible as failing to provide the correct information could result in additional charges or the incorrect vehicles being provided for your move. If you are in any doubt we encourage you to take the option of a survey to save any stress on moving day that could otherwise be avoided.