Does it really save you money using friends and family?
When enlisting the help of friends and family to help with your move be sure to calculate the cost, there are lots of expenses involved even by doing it yourself that most will overlook.
- The Cost of Van Hire! The average daily van hire charges are around £80- £100 per day inclusive of insurance if your moving on a weekend this cost can be more than double! If your hiring ensure you take out additional damage waver insurance to save you paying a large insurance excess usually around £250 should you have a collision.
- You have called on half a dozen friends to help out with the move along with a few family members and set the start time of
8 am to begin loading, not being professional in the house moving trade you get the first van loaded up in a couple of hours and head off to your new place to unload! Moving house is very physical work so the work force needs to be fed and watered so after unloading you stop off at the local cafe and grab a dozen bacon rolls and a dozen cups of coffee that’s another £30 to ad to the removal cost.
- So you have eaten your bacon rolls and begin to load up some furniture for the second load which takes another couple of hours to do, which by the time you have unloaded has taken you half the day its almost 1 o’clock and time for lunch so while your loading up the 3rd load you order some pizzas to be delivered which comes to almost £40, and your thinking its still a cheap move.
- After the third load your off back to your old house to collect the remaining furniture leaving just the garden shed and some garden potted plants to return for. The time is flying bye and before you realize its 6 pm and your just beginning to load up the garden furniture and plant pots some of your friends have now left the moving party thanking you for the a great days work and a bunch of aching muscles.
- Its now 8 pm and you have just finished the big move the pots are in the garden and the shed is all packed away! But your still not finished the beds need to be assembled! and boxes need to be unpacked, you tackle the the children’s beds with some assistance from your partner. Feeling shattered you decide to sleep on a mattress on the floor and finish the rest the next day after taking the van back.
- On the way to return the van you have to fill it up with diesel this costs another £25 ad this to the total cost of all your expenditure for your house move and you have managed to get the whole move completed for £295.00 this needs to be added to the cost of a few drinks for your friends, who were kind enough to give up there free time to help.
So in all fairness a cheap move, if you do it yourself is going to set you back between £300- £400 pounds not including buying boxes and packing materials.
How much do we charge for a professional fully insured service
When you look at the above costs of a DIY move you would expect the costs of a professional removal service to be much Higher! But you would be mistaken to think that. At E.A.L.H. we have been moving our customers houses at affordable prices for quite some time! When we look back over the course of the last 12 months we have continually maintained the average 3 bedroom house removal cost to between £250 and £400. Which when compared to a DIY removal where you have to do all the hard work, lifting loading and unloading not to mention the backache at the end of a hard days work It makes sense to higher the professionals.
Four Reasons To choose E.A.L.H. for you Move
- Save money with an E.A.L.H Removal Service.
- Save time with the professional mover.
- Don’t suffer for days after your move with back ache.
- Sit back and relax while we take the stress out of your move.
What Next ? pick up the phone dial 01603 920700 and request your free cheap removal quote that is valid for a whole year.