Pleas read our Terms-Conditions before booking if there is anything you are unsure of please feel free to ask! These are set out to ensure our customers are fully aware of all our Terms & Conditions of service prior to making a booking.
- A booking fee is payable at the time of booking your service, this is non refundable if canceling your service with less than 24 hrs notice. The booking fee paid will be deducted off the total cost of your removal service.This may be refunded under certain circumstances at the discretion of ealh as stated in our Terms & Conditions.
- Payments can be made via Debit cards,credit cards,Bank transfer cheque and cash! A 2.5% surcharge will apply for all credit card payments. If paying via bank transfer or cheque your cheque should be made payable to “ealh” and must be received 5 days before commencement of work. Bank transfer are acceptable Account details are available on request, these payments must be made 3 days before commencement of work. We run a paperless invoice system which will be sent to your email address. If you cant accept an email invoice we will happily post it to you via royal mail to your new home. If paying by cash you will be issued with a small receipt for all monies paid, and a full invoice receipt will be sent via email on completion of your service.
- Our vans are all comprehensively insured for Hire and Reward, plus an additional £10,000 Insurance which covers goods in transit and house removers insurance.We also have £1,000,000 Public Liability insurance
- Any damage must be reported and verified immediately with the driver who will record the necessary details in order that a claim can be made. We can not accept responsibility for any alleged damage after the job is complete and payment has been made. In line with the terms of our underwriters, the first £250 (excess charge) of any claim is the customers responsibility and will be required in advance to initiate the claim process with our insurance company.
- We request that customers disclose as much information about the load as possible, i.e.. amount and nature of items, any special parking arrangements, any stairs or tight spaces to be negotiated, items which might need dismantling and so on. Failure to disclose the correct information can result in additional charges as we will supply the correct vehicles for your move, based on information received! If you are unsure of how to make an inventory, we strongly advise you to request a home visit to ensure your move is managed and conducted as stress free as possible. all home visits are carried out completely free of charge and without obligation.
Weight of items
- Any single item must not weight more than 30kg Per Man lifting it, for Health and Safety stipulations and insurance reasons. If you have a very heavy item please ensure you have enough people to carry it- we reserve the right to refuse transit if potentially dangerous or harmful to the item, our staff or the customer.
Delicate or Fragile Items
- Delicate or fragile items must be adequately packed or protected by the customer- we only carry blankets for general protection whilst in transit. Insurance rights may be invalidated if the items are not fit for transit.
whats not covered
- Our insurance will not cover your electrical items whilst in transit i.e. televisions etc as these can fail at anytime we will however take great care with your items and ensure they are transported as safely as possible.You may wish to consider insuring these via your home insurance company if your standard policy does not provide adequate protection.
- If you need to cancel a booking you must provide the minimum of 24 hrs notice cancellations with less than 24 hrs notice will be charged a £35 cancellation charge. This charge may be waived under extreme circumstances and at the discretion of East Anglian Light Haulage
By making a booking with East Anglian Light Haulage you are agreeing to the above terms & conditions.