The art of stress free moving!
However with a bit of planning these stress levels can be kept to a more comfortable level! We all think it will be a breeze to move home, but its so easy to forget, not just the little things like canceling the milk its not uncommon for you to forget some of the more important things like moving with the children and pets! You will find by following our tips on moving with children and pets your move will become a little less stressful and a little more enjoyable.
Doing it yourself or hiring a removal company
It is advisable to book well in advance whether you are planning on hiring the professionals or renting a van and enlisting some help from friends and family. Whichever method you choose ensure you weigh up the pros and cons and calculate the real cost check out our Cheap House Removal guide to help you see the true cost of a DIY move!
Packing your items is a time consuming and tiresome job. If packing yourself ensure you Start to pack early! There is nothing worse than leaving packing up to the last minute. The chances for breakages increase two-fold. As a general rule start to pack no less than two weeks before the move day. Why not check out our packing tips these will help you to stay focused! These can be found from the home page under packing!
On the day you move house there are a few rules to remember.
- · Make sure that essentials are packed separately and within reach. Think of toiletries, phone chargers, toilet paper, utensils, bedding, etc.
- · Ensure that everything is packed. Open closets, drawers and cupboards in all the rooms including the garage before you start moving.
- · Ensure that all boxes are properly sealed and labeled.
- · Always be the last to leave should anything be left behind and ensure that the house is clean.
- · Send a crew to your new house to clean the bathrooms and kitchen before the boxes are delivered.
- · Connect electronic equipment like the TV so that the children are occupied should they get tired.
As stressful as the move is for you, as stressful it will be for your children. They can get annoying and impatient. How do you handle this tricky situation? check out our moving with children guide for a few great tips.
Apart from the stress moving places on humans, your pets’ anxiety levels during this time are extremely high! have a look our tips and guides for moving with cats and dogs it may just give you the solution to keeping your pets happy too!
Below are a few things not to forget you will find a good list of to do tips and guides in our moving house section.
· Ensure that you change your address and leave a forwarding address!
· Do not forget to disconnect your utilities at your old house and to connect at the new house!
· Move your insurance to your new address!
As you can see, moving house is a major undertaking, but if you plan it correctly, it will be a breeze. See our tips and guides for an effortless move.
Moving House in Norwich the Affordable Way.