Moving home as we all know is stressful to say the least, so we have put together a Things to do when Moving House List. This will list some of the more important things that may slip your mind during this very busy period.
- If you have got kids you will probably want to make sure they can switch the television on it will certainly keep them occupied whilst un- packing, so Don’t Forget to Change the Address for the TV license! simple to do but easily forgotten.
- With everyone being so busy more and more of us tend to shop online so it make sense to have your Mail Redirected to your new home this will minimize the likely hood of any mail going missing. Mail can be redirected for different lenghts of time there is a charge for this however it is certainly worth it.
- Another thing which must be done sooner rather than later is to make sure you change your address with the Bank ! with identity theft a happening all the time it makes perfect sense to protect your bank details.
- House Insurance is certainly on the things you must do to make sure your covered once your in your new home, it maybe that you can change the address for your existing policy but you may be required to take out a whole new policy especially if moving to another part of the country.
- Once you have packed up the removal truck, before you leave the house its advisable to take Final Meter Readings! And call your metered utility providers and advise them of the readings this will enable them to finalize your account and send the final bill to your new address.
- Arrange to have the all important Sky TV or Cable TV moved to your new address this need to be arranged a few weeks before moving and providing they serve your new area they will normally move it free of charge.
- Check your new address for any Parking restrictions especially when moving in London! You will need to apply for a parking suspension this is to ensure there will be adequate parking for the removal truck on the big day. Also check to see if the area is permit only parking these will also need to be applied for at the local council.
- Try and use up all the food in the freezer prior to moving day it saves worrying about it all defrosting should you encounter any delays with traffic or obtaining keys etc.
- Don’t forget about the little ones Babies and young children need taking care of on the big day so ensure you have made adequate arrangements for childcare. It is a good idea to have a backup child minder should your primary person fall ill.
- If your moving a long distance its wise to have the family car checked over and serviced at your local garage just to make sure it is up to the journey ahead, after all a broken down car full of children is not ideal at any time.
- Easily forgotten is your Driving License it is compulsory to change your address or you could be risking a fine!
- Some of us have subscriptions to monthly magazines, book clubs, love film etc these will all need to be updated with your new address as soon as possible.
Following this little things to do when moving house guide will ensure the forgettable things are not forgotten, and hopefully lead the way to a stress free move.